Hold Mode Acting Like Hybrid Mode

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuciaAri28

Over the last few weeks, I didn’t get much of a chance to charge my A3 E-tron, so I’ve been using Hold Mode to save battery, trying to recuperate as much electricity as possible while driving.

What I’ve noticed is that when I start driving after a stop, the electric motor is still being used for smooth acceleration. The engine only kicks in after a bit of time, which makes it feel more like it’s in Hybrid Mode rather than Hold Mode.

Is this how Hold Mode is supposed to work for everyone, or should I be concerned? I’m going to see my dealer soon to pick up a new EVSE, and I’m wondering if I should mention this to them while I’m there. Any ideas?

Hey there, the ICE does not have its own starter it relies on forward motion of the car by the main electric motor to drag start the ICE. Appreciate the creativity in packaging so much into such a small car! :)

Oh and the ICE has to run for 30 secs or so to warm up before it is allowed to drive the car...

Back