Advice to get dealer to replace EV battery under warranty

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, it’s a 2017 with ~67K miles and was charging to 6 of 8 bars on the dash gauge, occasionally only 5. My charger app tells me an empty battery was taking no more than 4.4 kWh before the car stopped drawing current, often closer to 4. The original battery capacity was 8.8 kWh, according to Audi. I bought the car CPO and don’t remember what its capacity was when I got it, but my range feels like it’s halved; I used to be able to make it home from work without kicking on the ICE and now I frequently can’t quite make it there in the morning on battery, alone.
So they replaced at 4.0-4.4kWh? I’m at 4.75kWh - will ask them check it out before warranty expires at the end of the year.

Last edited:
So they replaced at 4.0-4.4kWh? I’m at 4.75kWh - will ask them check it out before warranty expires at the end of the year.
That’s what I was recording, yeah. I don’t know what their test criteria are- it could have been some combination of capacity and delivery (my car was cutting over to ICE before the battery was empty, too.)

Back