MSDS

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajeliasvargas

Can anyone provide the MSDS (manufacturing safety data sheet) for the battery pack used in a 2016 a3 etron(? part # is 5Q0-915-590-R) I purchased a battery from a dealership about 7 hours from me (half the price of my local dealer) but shipping companies (Estes, FedEx, etc) all want an MSDS. The dealership that has the battery don’t have it and can’t tell me the name of the shipping company that delivered it to them on Tuesday. So I need to get it myself. Anyone know where to find it?

I was able to get the MSDS from Audi Customer Service. It took them a few days but they emailed it to me. FedEx freight shipped it for about $450 and it arrived to my mechanic Thursday. I’m picking the car up today and hope to be able to sell it.

I was able to get the MSDS from Audi Customer Service. It took them a few days but they emailed it to me. FedEx freight shipped it for about $450 and it arrived to my mechanic Thursday. I’m picking the car up today and hope to be able to sell it.
Gotcha! Ohhh that's sad, I thought you were changing the battery to get more miles out of the car... well, hopefully you and your buyer get a good fair deal for the car.

Out of curiosity? How much did they charge you for the battery?

The local Audi dealership was going to charge me $11,240. I bought the battery from an Audi dealership in Maryland and had it shipped here. A friend who is a mechanic installed it for me. Total it came out to $5500 (battery, shipping and installation).

The local Audi dealership was going to charge me $11,240. I bought the battery from an Audi dealership in Maryland and had it shipped here. A friend who is a mechanic installed it for me. Total it came out to $5500 (battery, shipping and installation).
sounds like you did really well. good luck with the sale and hope next owner enjoys that new battery!

Back