2017 Order ETA

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLs":25izfs3b said:
Yes rfortson, I did get a VC as the Tecknik trim in Canada is the top of the line available and includes almost everything available here except for the Technology Package that includes active systems such as adaptive cruise control. I absolutely love the VC, it is as the MMI easy to use and understand and it keeps your eyes almost on the road, this along with Android auto / Apple CarPlay made me choose the Tecknik over the base model. One thing I would like would be to have the Google maps display on the VC, it does not.

Is this your ride in the picture above? I know there is another thread about license plates but how did you remove the e tron euro plate plastic cover, I can feel tabs but cannot get them unhooked?

Yep, that's mine. The tabs had a notch/clip on the back side and I was able to push it in/over with my fingers through the grill. There are four, one for each corner. Once you've popped it off, the black cover just falls off. Under all of that, there's still the euro-plate space built into the grill. There's no "blank grill" option on mine, and I think they're all the same.

Hanshan":cds63eu0 said:
Does your etron have garage door controls otherwise known as homelink? I've been hearing conflicting stories about whether or not it gets installed after reaching the port.
In the US, homelink was an option on Premium trim in 2016. Mine has it, was a $350 option on the sticker.

just took delivery of 2017 A3 Etron progressive in Canada Ibis white with no options

I ordered when the order book opened, car delivered to dealer on Oct 28. I was away and just picked it up today. the sales person said any new orders will arrive in Feb or March.

some surprise features I found

- the base MMI screen is the bigger with higher resolution than 2016 base screen (no nav, no charging animation)
- USB connectivity 1) in front of cupholder 2) in glovebox with Aux in - no more Audi AMI cables (my car came with a micro USB and apple apple lightning cable) - can we still do video out??
- the "charge mode"is gone
- dynamic modes - comfort, auto, dynamic, user define (do not feel any different)

arne":2gtx3vio said:
We intentionally bought our e-tron in advance of the TDI buy back, so we have had both cars for a couple of months now. The Golf has just been sitting for the most part, we don't want to risk something like getting rear ended and totaling the car. But on the plus side, I just this morning received my official offer letter from VW, so we are hoping to get that part settled sooner than later.
Update, my buy back offer has been processed, and I have an appointment to complete the deal and turn over the Golf on Dec. 21.

arne":3a4abojn said:
arne":3a4abojn said:
We intentionally bought our e-tron in advance of the TDI buy back, so we have had both cars for a couple of months now. The Golf has just been sitting for the most part, we don't want to risk something like getting rear ended and totaling the car. But on the plus side, I just this morning received my official offer letter from VW, so we are hoping to get that part settled sooner than later.
Update, my buy back offer has been processed, and I have an appointment to complete the deal and turn over the Golf on Dec. 21.

Yep, my JSW is scheduled for 11/29 buyback. Show me the money!

Just got an update, my car is in Halifax and on its way so I will be getting delivery next week!

PLS did you get a EVSE by chance? I'm in the market to have a permanent one set up but not sure the best place to buy them in Ontario.

iang I bet you can't wait for your e-tron to be delivered, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do, please post pics when you have a change.

As for the EVSE, I had an electrician install a 40A circuit in my garage with a NEMA 6-50 receptacle. I then ordered from http://evandmore.com/collections/frontpage the Canadian build EVDUTY-40 model. Since the e-tron charges at 16A the EVDUTY-25 would do the charging in the same amount of time, but the price being the same for both model I got the more powerful version to allow me to charge a car that could handle more in the future. Delivery by Canada Post within 2-3 days, it works like a charm with the e-tron. The Electric vehicle charging incentive program can give you a rebate of up to 50% for the purchase of the EVSE and the EVDUTY is on their list, see: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/charging-incentive-program.shtml.

BTW iang, the 2017 E-tron comes with a charging clip, it is a plastic clip that you can screw to a wall that will hold the included E-tron charger. I didn't choose that option because the Québec incentive program does not cover electrician work only.

Let me say that I use the fast recharge almost every day.

Finally took delivery of my 2017 Technik last weekend.. 6 months and 1 day after I put the down payment on it! I've been battling back and forth with my wife all week to drive it :)

Here's some pictures, also the charging station setup I created to house the EVSE in my driveway (no garage). You can also see the holder 'clips' provided, which I found instrumental in my solution. Come the spring I'm going to look at getting a 3rd party Level 2 EVSE with 240v circuit professionally installed.

Very happy with the virtual cockpit and Android Auto, fun to play with. I'm a little disappointed there's not Audi Connect mobile service available in Canada though, would be nice to see charge info and stats etc on mobile. The Audi Connect app is pretty useless.

L08gquP.jpg

szSD6yX.jpg

2Gqlb5C.jpg

cQtGRMk.jpg

sB0PEpQ.jpg

Cheers,
Ian

Luckily I wasn't in a rush for a new vehicle, but when ordering I opted to wait for a 2017 model due to features like virtual cockpit that I wanted. That being said I was given an expectation of Sept-Oct time frame, so it was a bit more of a wait than I had hoped for.
But in the short time I've owned it I've gotten a lot of compliments and questions about this E-Tron. Like everything I've read has said, it's a slam dunk combo of style and refinement, and a no-compromise EV.

Ian

Just got my production notification today. Car was completed on Nov 28, ships Dec 15, arrives on the East Coast first week of Jan and is predicted to arrive here in Vancouver between the end of Jan and early Feb. Can't wait!

It seems to me Audi would rather not sell me an etron. Still waiting. Got to be the worst customer service

I can't speak to your customer service experience, but with a low production vehicle (from what I have seen, selling approx 350/mth in all North America) there is bound to be supply side issues. If you're needing a car in a specific timeframe, the A3 Etron is probably going to be problematic.
Still waiting?

Ian

It is more the specific dealer, the exact car I want is on his lot clear across country. I have put 15k cash down via cashiers check, been approved for balance from Audi financial but the dealer will not release car until the funds from Audi are in their bank. Made my deposit on November 30 and was approved the same day. I have purchased many vehicles this same way and never had such a delay. This Audi dealer has been dragging its feet at every opportunity, makes no sense.
I had to call Audi customer service and they are also getting the run around.
I also tried to get my local dealer to do a swap or purchase vehicle and sell it to me. My dealer called them on a Friday night in November,they agreed. I put a $2500 deposit down and waited. A week later a got a call that said dealer refused to sell the car to another dealer and come down and pick up my deposit.
I proceeded to contact them and purchase car. That leads me to here, 26 days since I have put $15k down on a car, a payment for a car due soon that I still don't have and in the interim I had to go out and buy another car,being I sold mine expecting to have a car a little sooner then this.
Being that I am in the car business, I know this is not the way it should be, I have purchased many other new vehicles and have always been treated fair. Buying a new vehicle should be a pleasure not a chore. I have an 2006 A6 and a 2008 S5, so I like the product it is just to bad delivery sucks!!! Well thanks for listening to my rant, my family is tired of listening!!!

Received my update this week. Vehicle in transit. Departing Jan 26 (ETA), Arriving Feb 13 (ETA) to Halifax but what really confuses me is that it will sit in a rail yard for over a month before dealership arrival April 4? I know it's all ETA's but seems odd. Anyone else seen this? I was really hoping for the vehicle by March 1.

My wife and I just picked up our 2017. We are in Ontario, Canada. Ordered it in late July, picked it up yesterday (Jan 6). Long wait until the dealer got an allocation, but we think it was worth it. It's a unique car, and fits her needs very well. Plus, there just aren't that many cool looking wagons/hatchbacks on the road these days (here in North America at least).

When I bought mine, I was fortunate enough to find one already in transit from Germany to Canada that had everything I wanted and from signed agreement to receiving it, was about 3 weeks. From Halifax to the GTA was less than a week. My dealer requested it be put on a truck asap since it was already sold. He did estimate it would be a week longer, but fairly sure that is just sop so you won't get your hopes up.

MSMatt":11veob8l said:
My wife and I just picked up our 2017. We are in Ontario, Canada. Ordered it in late July, picked it up yesterday (Jan 6). Long wait until the dealer got an allocation, but we think it was worth it. It's a unique car, and fits her needs very well. Plus, there just aren't that many cool looking wagons/hatchbacks on the road these days (here in North America at least).

Wow, that was a long wait. I ordered in October. It should arrive before the end of January.

Back