Text Messages for Canadian Vehicles

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnEtron

Has anyone managed to get the text message feature to work? There's a "Messages" icon in the MMI under Telephone. I've followed all the steps to pair my iPhone and set up blue tooth and turned on notifications on the phone. Still no luck. This shouldn't require a SIM card in the glove box because it's Bluetooth to the phone. Suggestions appreciated.

Looks like you need Audi Connect To read text messages from the MMI.. :evil:
Come on Audi...you can get text messaging in a Ford Fiesta!

CdnEtron":3mzywncs said:
Has anyone managed to get the text message feature to work? There's a "Messages" icon in the MMI under Telephone. I've followed all the steps to pair my iPhone and set up blue tooth and turned on notifications on the phone. Still no luck. This shouldn't require a SIM card in the glove box because it's Bluetooth to the phone. Suggestions appreciated.

I managed to set it up on mine. How did you turn on the notifications?

This was the one I missed before.

On my iPhone, I go to settings -> Bluetooth -> <Audi MMI>. Then enable "Show Notifications".

CdnEtron":2lz91por said:
Looks like you need Audi Connect To read text messages from the MMI.. :evil:
Come on Audi...you can get text messaging in a Ford Fiesta!

No need to have Audi Connect. When Bluetooth is enabled and you're connected, you go to the phone feature and scroll to msgs.
I've been able to read and reply by just scrolling through the screens. There are a few preset responses to choose from if you're driving.
Only works with default messaging (not Whatsapp).

Make sure you don't have any other Bluetooth connections active.
When you have a text msg, the car will display a small envelope on the MMI screens' bottom right corner.
But I find that I can only access the msgs if I only have 1 BT device connected to my phone. If I have my BT headset and the car connected, the car will still show the notification but I am not able to access via MMI.

Back