Questions re. Premium model, no MMI

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentheRed

Hi, I am *another* VW Jetta TDI owner awaiting my buyback cash and sizing up an e-tron. Since it will cost way more than my VW cash I am opting to get a base "Premium" model. Is it me or is Audi as confusing as hell regarding what actually comes as standard and what you need to pay extra for?? Nearly every review I read touted the Virtual Cockpit, only for me to find out from the dealer that it's a $3000 "Technology Package" option. Anyway - what *standard* iPhone options come with the US Premium model? Can you use hands free voice activated dialing? Can you only stream music through bluetooth? The USB ports are just for charging the phone, right? You can't connect music via a cord?
Thank you!
Ben

It is not just you, There is no clear way I have found to determine what features are present on any of the trim levels, or what the various packages include.

My car is a Premium, but it does have nav. (Didn't want it, but the only blue car in the Pacific NW had it, and my dealer gave me a pretty great deal on it to make up for that.) My iPhone does have voice activation, will stream via Bluetooth. My car also came with a Lightning cable that plugs into the console, so I can charge or stream w/o Bluetooth.

I believe that the Lightning cable will plug into any trim, you shouldn't need Premium Plus or Nav to do so. But I can't promise that...

BentheRed":2q33gmf1 said:
Hi, I am *another* VW Jetta TDI owner awaiting my buyback cash and sizing up an e-tron. Since it will cost way more than my VW cash I am opting to get a base "Premium" model. Is it me or is Audi as confusing as hell regarding what actually comes as standard and what you need to pay extra for?? Nearly every review I read touted the Virtual Cockpit, only for me to find out from the dealer that it's a $3000 "Technology Package" option. Anyway - what *standard* iPhone options come with the US Premium model? Can you use hands free voice activated dialing? Can you only stream music through bluetooth? The USB ports are just for charging the phone, right? You can't connect music via a cord?
Thank you!
Ben
I believe the 2017 has CarPlay for iPhone. Looks like no Nav option for Premium level for 2017. It was available as an option in 2016. Just go to the Audi USA website and build one. You can stream music with bluetooth. You can use dial hands free. These are all standard in Premium.

Back