Map update/owner registration issues

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmwes

I recently purchased a 2017 (Premium Plus with tech and sport options, only 22K on it). I couldn't try out the Audi Connect features as the car was still on an account set up by the previous owner. That issue was resolved and those services work. The only thing I haven't been able to do is update the maps. It allows me to pick what files I want and start the update, but it never actually downloads anything. I kicked off the process on Saturday and nothing has changed.

I read in a few different places about downloading and installing via SD card or USB, but when logged into myaudi, there are no maps anywhere to be found. I am also only listed as an Authorized Driver, the primary driver is obviously whoever owned the car before me. I have not been successful in getting them removed thus far, I've been working with support but they aren't exactly the quickest.

Is it because of my registration issues that the myaudi app does virtually nothing, or is that normal? I got the Audi A3 app to work to check battery status, but the myaudi app seems to have zero features.

Anybody have any similar issues when purchasing used?

Congrats on the new car. I got my 2017 with 32K miles so yours is almost new.

There is no offline version to download to an SD card or drive. In the MMI you can update the Navigation maps over the air. Takes about 25 minutes to download and install. BTW 2019 is the latest map version.

Thank you. It's only been a little over 2 weeks, but I'm extremely happy with it.

I kicked off the map download just before I made this post, so we'll see where it is at when I leave work for the day.

Still haven't been able to update the map; tried again today while on the phone with Audi Connect support. This time it actually said 1% while downloading (was stuck at 0% every other time I tried), support indicates that there may be no updates left since it is 5 free downloads in the first 2 1/2 years (car was first put in service Feb 2017).

We'll see this afternoon when I leave if it did anything. Current map is from March 2018 it looks like.

Back