Interior Size of the a3 etron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr19

I am considering buying/leasing an a3 etron but a little curious about the interior size. I am a 6'0" male weighing around 195 lbs and I just want to be sure I won't feel to cramped after a while. I am coming from a Mazda 3 which looks to be only slightly larger inside than the a3. Any thoughts or info to share about the interior size.

Also, for people who have a full car of 4 people (including you driving), how is the comfort level for the passengers?

Thanks!

I'm about the same size as you and have no problems with driving position or any feeling of being cramped.

However, with the driver's seat back in my normal driving position there is not much space in the rear seat, I tend to scoot forwards if I've got a full car.

3 adults in the back is possible but only if they are good friends!

I disagree with the backseat assessment above. I'm 5'11", and in my normal driving position my son (same height but less weight) said the room in back seat was more than sufficient on a recent road trip ~700 miles. In general, most reviews of the VAG Mk7 platform cars (A3, Golf, GTI) say the rear seat room is surprisingly ample for a car of this size.

I am also 6'0", and find that driving is great, and the passenger seat may even be more roomy than my old '11 A4.

That said, I've also found the rear space to be slightly tight if your friends/family are used to a full sized sedan.

revaric":1hiy4quw said:
I am also 6'0", and find that driving is great, and the passenger seat may even be more roomy than my old '11 A4.

That said, I've also found the rear space to be slightly tight if your friends/family are used to a full sized sedan.

Understood. Thanks for the reply.

andymccrory":1hiy4quw said:
I'm about the same size as you and have no problems with driving position or any feeling of being cramped.

However, with the driver's seat back in my normal driving position there is not much space in the rear seat, I tend to scoot forwards if I've got a full car.

3 adults in the back is possible but only if they are good friends!

LOL. That is very similar to my Mazda 3

arne":1hiy4quw said:
I disagree with the backseat assessment above. I'm 5'11", and in my normal driving position my son (same height but less weight) said the room in back seat was more than sufficient on a recent road trip ~700 miles. In general, most reviews of the VAG Mk7 platform cars (A3, Golf, GTI) say the rear seat room is surprisingly ample for a car of this size.

Great to hear. Thanks for the reply.

I am 6'1" 210# and one of the first tests I do when looking at a car is to adjust the drivers seat to make it comfortable for me, then I get into the seat right behind the drivers seat. Adequate leg room, which is acceptable to me. However, some persons like to recline the drivers seat much more than I do (I like it fairly upright) which cramps things more. But I always consider that a worst case scenario. Headroom was fine. Three across will get you to the ball, but won't be fun to go to the Grand Canyon, unless you start well north of Flagstaff.

Back