Feedback / thoughts - eTron app

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adstriegel

I have a group of undergraduate students looking as part of a course project to improve the eTron app. I was curious to hear from folks in the forums their thoughts on what sorts of functionality or data presentations that the app should present. I am rigging up a setup drawing data from the ODB-II port for them to visualize / present.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be welcome.

Seems like most problems I've seen/read about involve poor communication. Not sure how you can correct that with software, but if so, that would make a lot of people happy. Once you have that licked, then you can start adding new capabilities.

Have them think through the flow of how you move between various screens. Always going back to the "home" screen (Vehicle/e-tron/Setup) is annoying. Come to think of it, why is setup as important as vehicle and charging status?

It would be useful if all the vehicle trip data could be downloaded and exported. That could be the basic info the app keeps now or even include more detailed data such as predicted EV mileage, high and low temperatures each and every time the E-tron is started and stopped (by push button, not movement). Knowing how other settings that affect consumption/mileage are set up (AC or seat heater on, etc.) would be good.

Why do doors and lights get their own screen? It would be ideal to be able to see at a glance from every screen that the doors are locked.

If they're connecting to the OBD-II port, that opens a world of possibilities to display and store real world info. HV battery temperature? Exact voltage and consumption data? Tire pressure by individual tire instead of one idiot light for all four?

I've been unable to program late night charging with the app. That's a major function, and it needs to be improved.

Back