Drive modes selection design, can't control hybrid default

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5x112

Presumably because the etron technology was retrofitted into the A3, there are disparate controls for EV, Hybrid, Hold Battery, Charge Battery drive modes and Comfort, Auto, Dynamic, and Individual Drive modes. The biggest problem is that a default cannot be set for the EV mode, but can for the Drive modes. If you are on hybrid mode to conserve Plug in Battery, and happen to stop the car, it defaults to EV mode upon restarting. You may not realize it, and deplete your entire battery - which of course affects gas milage. Why did audi not hold the mode selected? All the other features in the car return to to what was set last upon restarting. This could easily be added and settable in the individual drive mode setting, if the interface was well thought out and integrated with the EV modes.

After driving my e-tron for over 9k km now, I feel that the bigger issue is when I run the battery is depleted and the system goes to Hybrid Hold mode.
I would rather Hybrid Auto be the next mode, which I typically change it to once I'm out of electrons.

Thanks. My point was Audi should let the owner decide what these defaults should be.

Back