Best octane fuel additive for e-tron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilbek

After a few weeks wait, I'm picking up my new 2017 E-tron at the dealer tomorrow. Very excited!

To avoid paying the ridiculous premium fuel surcharge, I plan to put in regular 87 octane along with an octane additive. My question is: Has anyone else on this board tried this? Is there a particular brand/type of additive that works well?

Thanks in advance

Wilbek":1imav2om said:
After a few weeks wait, I'm picking up my new 2017 E-tron at the dealer tomorrow. Very excited!

To avoid paying the ridiculous premium fuel surcharge, I plan to put in regular 87 octane along with an octane additive. My question is: Has anyone else on this board tried this? Is there a particular brand/type of additive that works well?

Thanks in advance

Depending on your driving habits, you won't be using much fuel anyway. How much does the octane additive cost? Seems like any savings would be minimal.

Wilbek, you won't be buying fuel often to want to or need to save on downgrading to the lower octane levels.
Over my 22,630 kms, my avg monthly fuel cost is under $70 and that's buying (Petro Canada's) 94 Octane.
So don't risk damaging the engine by buying lower grades.
Keep your car happy and you'll be happy.

Back