DSG transmission

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etronTom

When my gasoline engine is running I can easily feel the DSG transmission shifting. However, when I am in EV I cannot. Does anyone know if the DSG operates differently when in EV mode? I used to own a Chevy Volt and it only has a one-speed transmission. That's what my e-Tron feels like when it's in EV mode.

Yes it is something i have also explained in my videos.
The DSG operates in a different way depending on driving style and modes used (don't know why).
Worst is in manual with ICE where i am feeling a shock sometimes.

yeah, incredible how jerky the DSG feels like

and it's not even that fast when it has to

I don't understand why they need al the 6 gears when in EV mode. A electric motor can rev up way higher than ICE.
I also have a Ampera that uses only 1 gear all the way to 170km/h

i almost always feel the 1-2 shift when starting and driving the car for the first time in a day. we have it set so it starts in EV mode and I've always presumed it shifts hard 1-2 because its cold.

In my 2017 I occasionally feel the shifting in EV mode. When I put to manual is see the gear numbers change but only feel an upshift. When I down shift in manual EV, though the number changes, I don't feel any difference.

However, overall I'm pleased with the DSG shifting in ICE mode.
Those who have issues, have you had the transmission oil changed at 40K miles?

Latest posts

Back